baby
baby

10/10/12

The other night I had a dream that turned out to be a premonition. I dreamed that one of my children had been seriously injured and I couldn't get to the hospital because I didn't have a car.

Now, due to the fact Kyle got a new, better paying job, he now has to take the car. I don't mind because I usually don't go anywhere. We also own a small trailer that we used to haul our stuff from Ga to Id and from Nampa to Middleton. That trailer is now in our garage. The boys have been told MULTIPLE times not to climb on it. BUT, you guessed it, they didn't listen.

Today at approximately 3 pm MST, I stand up to go tell the boys to come in and wash their hands so they could have their 3 o'clock snack. At the same moment a blood curdling scream emanates from the garage and Gavin opens the garage door to tell me that Andrew had fallen off the trailer. So I run into the garage, AFTER yelling at Gavin for playing on the trailer. Andrew is flat on his back just screaming and crying. I crouch down and ask him if he can sit up. He does so then I pick him up and ask the neighbor kid what happened. The boy tells me that Andrew took a header of the highest part of the trailer (go figure). When I asked Andrew where it hurt he told me his whole head and neck. Warning bells!!!! So I get a hold of Kyle and he says that I should find a ride to the nearest urgent care clinic. I call my Relief Society president because of her proximity to my home ( completely forgetting my next door neighbors were LDS(DOH)). Luckily she had a sister with her that could drive me to urgent care. Sweet Sister Post drove me to a clinic here in Middleton. The nurse there (who also happened to be LDS) assured me that Sis. Post wouldn't mind driving me to the ER after the Dr. at the clinic said to take him there. Sister Post drove me the 10 minutes to the ER AND waited until Kyle got  there. By that time Andrew was complaining that his head, neck and stomach hurt. I'm thinking CONCUSSION! The logical side of me is thinking "he's going to be fine" the mother side of me is thinking "I didn't call the ambulance. He could die right here. What's wrong with me? How could I let this happen? Etc, etc." When we saw the NP she did all the testing right there and POOF all his symptoms went away. He was happy giggly Andrew. I was still nervous wreck mother. Kyle was Kyle. As we were waiting to check out when to our surprise a gentleman from our ward walked in. He was the Chaplin for the church in that ER! So we took advantage of him stopping in to say hi and gave Andrew a blessing. So now we are all home after stopping for pizza for dinner due to the lack of dinner prepared, though sister Kondi gave us some Mexican chicken for Carnitas we decided to just stop for pizza. When we did stop for the pizza when who should walk in but Sister Green (that would be Emma for you Middleton 6ers) The support of this ward has been amazing. So long story short Andrew doesn't even have a bump on his head from falling 4 feet onto a concrete floor on his head. I guess he is taking after his uncle Joel and cousin Eli as the dare devil in our house. Oh how I wish I had a girl to sit and just have a tea party with...this excitement is going to kill me!!

1 comment:

Our Fabulous Five Penney's said...

Holy crud, Sara I am so sorry that I couldn't help. But you are so ment to be in that ward. What a wonderful wonderful ward family! You are so blessed to be a part of. Wow I'm so sorry but glad that all is well!! I would have a tea party