baby
baby

9/16/12

With some gentle prodding from my father in Indonesia, I am writing on my blog today. There have been a few happenings since the last entry. Gavin has started Kindergarten. He's going half day AM and is absorbing his classes with the enthusiasm of a 6 year old. He picks up on things very quickly. Well at least with school work that is. Soccer on the other hand, he has decided he is not a soccer player. So I guess my dad was right. We'll try baseball in the spring. I guess its not in my genes to be a soccer mom either. I get so bored at the games. I don't understand the game (though there isn't much to understand with youth 6 soccer). As my family can attest I don't like running. So the idea of running from one end of a field to another just to kick a silly ball into a net seems like a waste of time to me. Baseball I get. Hockey I get. Even Football is within my grasp to under stand. But basketball and soccer and the likes, no. 


Speaking of exercise, I finished my second semester of Belly dance learning some of the Oriental moves. We had a recital of sorts. With performances by every class and a few extras it was a fun night. The boys got to see mommy doing something she enjoys. I've lost weight and gained self esteem through this art form. Now I'm in my 3rd semester and I'm doing 2 classes. Drills which is just basically exercise class using belly dance moves. Then I am taking a class called Taqsim. I am so excited to learn this form because it's mostly to do with the melody line and you don't follow the beat. That makes it difficult for some to learn because there are no counts. Your movements follow the instruments and melody so it's more interesting(in my opinion) than a choreographed piece.  


Kyle and I are enjoying our new ward. They have pulled us in with our callings. My visiting teachers have enveloped me in joy and laughter. Our home teacher is diligent and kind. We have neighbors who are wonderful and the boys are making friends. We've gotten in contact with our work colleagues and went to a seminar last night. We are so excited to be part of a real team now! Our up line is helpful and guiding us onto the right path to make our lives more enjoyable. 

1 comment:

Our Fabulous Five Penney's said...

I love this post I love the way you write! I agree with dad come on update lol...j/k that's is great that you are on that ward I am jealous that you are I'm such a great ward lol. However I believe in my heart that for more reason the one you needed that move our there and to be with that ward that is amazing!!!! I love the soccer mom comment lol I agree I don't understand it either lol. Basketball is pretty easy to understand lol....go Gavin and Sara I love the way you talk about your belly dancing that is amazing it looked so fun too! I am so so glad for you!